The Argentine Adventure was when I sold/gave away most all of my stuff in the fall of ’09, wrapped up my apartment lease, and flew down to Argentina with the intention of living abroad for a couple of months, armed with little more than my big ol’ travel backpack and laptop.
It was a quintessential experience in living well on the cheap: I lived in a modest studio apartment in the city, didn’t need to spend a lot, and yet savored so much of the day-to-day living.
The following set of email updates chronicle the times I had during my stint of international residence:
- Life in Buenos Aires? Well Underway!
- Oh, the Joy of Making Friends with the Butcher Man!
- Valuable Experiences in Argentine Friend Making
- Evita: Still Stuck in My Head
- Thanksgiving in South America
- Refreshing is the Air of Bariloche
- Argentine Wine is Mighty Fine
- Christmastime in Warm Weather
- Yesterday’s Vision Now a Fulfilled Adventure
I cannot recommend an experience like this highly enough.